Youtube is as big as you can think. The video library has a vast database and here are 12 Things you must know about Youtube.
- YouTube has more than 1 billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- ~60% of a creator’s views comes from outside their home country
- YouTube is localized in 75 countries and available in 61 languages
- Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices
- Mobile revenue on YouTube is up over 100% y/y
- More than a million advertisers are using Google ad platforms, the majority of which are small businesses
- 85% of our TrueView in-stream ads are skippable
- Google Preferred has been a huge success – we’ve secured upfront commitments from many of the top agencies including OMG, Digitas, IPG, Carat and SMG, and sold out the majority of our product offering
- Top YouTube creators were found to be more popular than mainstream celebrities among U.S. teenagers (Variety)
Source : Youtube Statistics.
Want to know more about Youtube stats, check 10 Most watched videos on YouTube